Treasurer and Director of Administrative Services - Western Pennsylvania Conference of The United Methodist Church
December 18, 2017
Provides excellence in the organization, planning, interpretation, training, resourcing for the conference churches and organizations, and implementation of the fiscal matters of the conference in collaboration with the cabinet and in careful consultation with the bishop, CFA and the Connectional Leadership Team. The ultimate goal of this position is to foster and support the ministry of the conference. Through creative and innovative fiscal management and collaborative efforts with other staff and volunteers, resources shall be applied for the benefit of the various mission and ministry goals established by the conference.
- Accurate and timely dissemination of financial reports including, but not limited to, monthly financial statements, annual audits, and budgets.
- Oversight of the Assistant Treasurer for the accurate and timely dissemination of financial reports including, but not limited to, monthly financial statements, annual audits, and budgets.
- Oversight of the Conference Benefits Officer in regards to, but not limited to, the establishment of Benefit Plans, Wespath relationships, and billing and reporting of benefit obligations for local churches.
- Establish and maintain systems and controls that verify the integrity of all systems, processes, and data.
- Develop an ongoing positive relationship with all Conference staff with particular emphasis on accounting related positions.
- Participation as an ex-officio member on committees.
- Participation in general and jurisdictional associations.
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or related field is required.
- Five to Ten years’ experience in all aspects of accounting, including regulations and accounting standards.
- Five to Ten years’ supervisory experience.
- Experience with Not-for-Profit or Church Management Accounting Software.
- Demonstrated ability to interpret financial concepts for non-financial people.
- Strong communication, interpersonal, problem solving, decision-making, planning and analytical skills.
- Certified Public Accountant (CPA) is strongly desired.
- Willingness to travel required.
- United Methodist member is strongly desired.
Email resume and cover letter to email@example.com
Closing Date: January 15, 2018
No Staffing Agencies or Recruitment Firms
- Organization: Western Pennsylvania Annual Conference
- Contact: Tricia Baker
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Closing Date: 01/15/18
Contact: Tricia Baker
Email: Click to email