Worship Leader - Berthoud UMC, Berthoud, Colorado
July 28, 2017
To provide musical accompaniment during worship and choir performances
About our Church:
First United Methodist Church of Berthoud is a vibrant, multi-generational congregation with average attendance of 100. Worship style is a mix of hymns and praise music
- Background and knowledge of vocal and instrumental music
- Ability to play piano/ keyboard required; other instruments are a plus
- Ability to read open score
- Ability to accompany a diverse range of musical styles
- Strong personal faith in God and Christ
- Commitment to a team ministry, working with the Pastor, Choir Director, Choir members and members of the congregation.
Primary support and direction provided by the Pastor
Work at the direction of the Pastor and Choir Director
Performance evaluation conducted by Staff Parish Relations Committee.
- Provide musical accompaniment for weekly service, special services, choir performances and weekly choir practice.
- Play piano and other instruments as able
- Provide incidental music during the service
- Prepare musical selections as directed by the choir director
- Be staff link with worship planning -communication between pastor, church secretary and choir director
This is a salaried position. Accompany at Sunday services at 10:00 a.m. and special services throughout the year. Attend choir practice Wednesday night at 7:00 p.m. mid-August through May. The duties are estimated at 6 hours/week when choir is in session and 3 hours/week when not.
Compensation commensurate with experience and education, range $7,500 to $9,000 annually
Contact: Staff Parish Relations Committee
820 9th Street Berthoud CO 80513
Attached file(s): view file