Youth and Young Adult Ministries Director - Smoky Hill United Methodist Church, Centennial, Colorado
July 06, 2018
Smoky Hill United Methodist Church in Centennial, Colorado is seeking a Director of Youth and Young Adult Ministries.
Job Title: Director of Youth and Young Adult Ministries at Smoky Hill United Methodist Church
Job Type: Full Time
Description: Oversee all volunteers related to youth ministry including:
- discipleship and education (Sunday school, bible studies, confirmation, etc.)
- events (programs, retreats, and special events)
- mission (service projects and fundraising)
The director will also cultivate a Young Adult program to meet the needs of these members of our congregation. This person will be a passionate, engaging leader full of integrity and accountability. Additionally, the successful applicant will be a collaborative team member and will be respectful of the Pastors, staff, and congregation. Smoky Hill UMC is located in Centennial, Colorado and has an active youth program of middle school and high school students.
Qualifications and Skills:
Education and Experience:
- Candidate must be committed to the ministry, philosophy, and vision of the church.
- Candidate must have strong communications skills and be able to use social media effectively to build community.
- Candidate must be able to motivate and manage volunteers.
- Candidate should demonstrate evidence of a Christ-like attitude in words and actions
- Must have a personal relationship with Jesus Christ, a maturing faith, and an understanding of Methodist doctrine.
- Bachelor’s or Associate’s Degree
- Experience leading youth and/or young adult ministries
Contact: Larry Jackson
19491 E Smoky Hill Rd Centennial CO 80015