Youth Coordinator - First UMC, Berthoud, Colorado
September 07, 2017
PURPOSE: Part-time position to work with the Middle and High School youth.
- Must possess solid time management skills and organizational abilities. The ability to coordinate several activities at once and to quickly analyze and resolve specific problems is important.
- Must be able to relate positively to Middle and High School youth and understand current youth culture.
- Good written and oral skills
- Must have a strong faith and be able to both model and inspire Christian behavior.
- Be able to teach and follow United Methodist doctrine.
- Must have knowledge and confidence to be able to lead Christian education of youth.
- Should be creative, have a passion and heartfelt concern for teens, be high energy, hard working and possess the ability to adjust focus.
- A college degree or in pursuit of a college degree, or experience with youth leadership.
- Must pass background check
Primary support and direction provided by the Pastor. Secondary staff supervision will come from the Staff Parish Relations Committee.
- Coordinated implementation of all Middle and High School youth events.
- Oversees the planning and implementation of weekly youth meeting and other events.
- Coordinates monthly youth council meeting. Youth Council’s purpose is to: a) involve youth and laity in leadership of youth group, b) keep on top of requirements for insurance and safe sanctuary policies, and c) provide feedback and assistance to Youth Coordinator.
- Sets and publishes the calendar for Youth events, providing a balance between service, fun and spiritual growth.
- Coordinates opportunities for Christian growth outside of Sunday programming.
- Develops an annual plan for fundraising to support the youth budget and special events.
- Provides a monthly youth article for the Banner and current information for the website and other social media.
- Expected to attend Sunday morning worship at Berthoud United Methodist Church.
Quarter – time position of approximately 15 hours per week.
ANNUAL SALARY: $10,000
This is a part time job, at a non-profit organization. Principals only. Recruiters, please don’t contact this job poster or contact job poster about other services, products or commercial interests.
Contact: Cecilia Jamieson
820 9th Street PO Box 506 Berthoud CO 80513
Attached file(s): view file