Youth Ministry Assistant - Trinity UMC, Denver, CO
July 24, 2019
DESCRIPTION OF POSITION
Trinity United Methodist Church is seeking an energetic spiritual leader to help plan and facilitate/co-facilitate spiritual growth and service opportunities for youth. This part-time position involves spiritual formation, leading groups on retreats and service projects, planning/organizing youth events, engaging and involving parent and adult volunteers, and administrative work.
The successful candidate will have a passion for youth engagement, build strong and lasting relationships, and have confidence to work specifically at the middle-school and high-school youth levels.
PRIMARY ROLES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Maintain administrative tasks including but not limited to: youth trip/retreat preparation, mailings, reminders, gather, sort and organize photos, organize paperwork and payments.
- Engage in various youth activities including mission/volunteer work, youth extracurricular activities, retreats and other youth events.
- Create space for youth and connect with them to develop their beliefs in a positive, thoughtful, supportive, and meaningful way.
- Share leadership of teaching high school and middle school Sunday School and youth group.
- Develop and manage various social media outlets for communicating with youth and parents. This includes Facebook, Instagram, email, Sign-Up Genius as well as other social media outlets.
- Collaborate, plan and implement youth classes, events, retreats and fundraisers.
- Assist in special event planning and coordinating.
- Develop and maintain relationship with pastoral staff, youth and volunteers.
- Attend Sunday worship services at Trinity with youth.
- Confidently communicate in a clear and concise manner with youth, parents, and families both verbally and in written form.
- Collaborate with Director in all areas of Youth Ministry to produce energizing and spiritually formative programming
This position must be proficient in the following areas:
- MS Office Suite, including Outlook and Publisher
- Event Planning
- Writing, Editing, Proofreading
This position must possess the following characteristics:
SCHEDULE AND HOURS
- Be a Role Model for Youth
- Honor and maintain confidentiality at all times
- Exhibit flexibility
- Operate in a team environment and contribute to team success through collaborative processes
- Ability to work as a team leader and team member
- Superior organizational skills
- Strong problem solving skills
- Manage both large and small projects
- Excellent communication skills in all mediums
- Exceptional interpersonal skills
The time commitment for this position is 20 hours per week, year-round. Working under the Director of Youth Ministry, this position will maintain a flexible schedule during the week with a requirement to work on Sunday. Other hours may be variable and dependent upon youth scheduled activities and events.
This position must also:
- Understand and support the vision/mission of Trinity United Methodist Church.
- Perform tasks, from time to time, not defined above in support of the goals of the organization.
- Strict confidentiality is essential with team and congregation.
- Understanding and following the Trinity’s Safe-Sanctuary policies.
- Must successfully complete background and driving record check.
Contact: Sheila Alishouse
1820 Broadway Denver CO 80202