Believing that Christian formation is foundational, the Youth Ministry Coordinator will provide a leadership bridge of administrative support, planning, communication and presence for junior and senior high youth during this time of transition. They will work with the Youth Committee to oversee the execution of youth ministry programs including Sunday School, weekend activities, Confirmation and mission trips. The successful candidate will possess exceptional relational and organizational skills, and enjoy helping young people question, think, serve, and grow deeper in their love of God.
The qualified candidate will possess:
* A mature faith in Jesus Christ and a deep love for youth.
* An understanding of the Reformed theological tradition.
* Excellent relational and communication skills.
* Strong organizational and administrational skills.
* Experience recruiting and working with lay leaders.
* A love of continuous learning.
* A command of social media and current technology.
* An ability to cultivate relationships with members of the congregation and the wider community.
Bachelor’s degree required. Theological training preferred.
Open to ordained and non-ordained applicants.
* Work with the Youth Committee to plan all programming for youth and their families, including Sunday School (6-12th grade), youth fellowship (typically Sunday afternoons), Confirmation (January through May), special weekend activities, and mission trips.
* Maintain a calendar of upcoming events well in advance.
* Communicate upcoming events with youth and their families in a timely and clear manner.
* Plan, provide leadership and participate in Sunday afternoon activities, Confirmation, and special weekend activities.
* Oversee recruitment, training, support and resources for lay leaders.
* Attend weekly staff meetings, monthly Youth Committee meetings, quarterly Youth Council meetings.
* Ensure compliance with Montview’s Safe Sanctuary policy for all youth and volunteers.
* Oversee the Youth budget.
* Work collegially with church staff.
* This position reports to the Co-Pastors.
* This position is not eligible for the full-time position. This is a temporary (4-9 months), part-time 20-25 hours/week.
$25-$30 per hour, commensurate with experience.
Not eligible for benefits.
Please email cover letter and resume by Sept. 27, 2017 to: email@example.com
Contact: Rev. Ian Cummins
Address: 1980 Dahlia Street Denver CO 80220