Youth Worker - Mountain View UMC, Boulder, Colorado
March 14, 2017
Goals for Youth Worker
- Build capacity for youth program
- Build ongoing connection with mentors
- Support parents as spiritual coaches supporting youth group
- Interact with range of junior high to high school aged youth
Reports to Associate Pastor and SPPRC (Staff/Pastor Parish Relations Committee). Associate pastor will serve in a collaborative manner with the youth worker to meet shared objectives for this position.
Job Description: ~10-15 hours/week
- Fun-loving Christian motivated to lead and mentor high school and middle school youth, who is comfortable talking and working with parents and adult volunteers.
- Some college or college degree preferred.
- Adept at social media and communication
- Ability to work within a budget
- Ability to collaborate with a ministry team, bringing creativity and following through on logistical details
- Has an understanding of (or willingness to learn) United Methodist traditions
- Teach Youth Sunday school on a weekly basis
- Discuss with ministry team the trajectory of the year for curriculum
- Facilitate conversations with youth around subjects of faith and hard topics
- Lead Crossfyre (youth group) Sunday evenings with Associate Pastor or other adult
- Extend leadership to local missions or gatherings not on Sundays
- Discuss with ministry team the trajectory of the year for activities and mission
- Co-lead youth retreats (i.e. Ignite Sr. High retreat, YLC, Youth Quest)
- Co-lead mission trips in summer
- Participate in leadership with confirmation every other year
- Prepare lessons and youth group activities
- Coordinate/collaborate with youth choir in projects, missions, calendars
- Collaborate with other youth groups in the area for joint activities, missions
- Recruit and organize volunteers to support the youth ministry
- All other duties as assigned.
A salaried position based on experience with a workload distributed between weekly activities, approximately 10-15 hours per week, and intensive periods of engagement while accompanying youth on overnight and weeklong retreats and mission trips.
Please send a cover letter and resume to email@example.com
with the subject line: Youth Worker
Contact: Mountain View UMC
355 Ponca Pl Boulder CO 80303