The Leadership Development Team is offering grants for up to $500 for congregational work in building a culture of courageous leadership in the areas of anti-racism or laity leadership. A congregational match is preferred, as well as, submitting outcomes and an artifact (photo, article) to share with the conference.
These focus areas are allowing the team to bring leadership resources to people and places participating in Courageous Leadership:
Examples of anti-racism ministry include curriculum/classes, participation with other organizations in empowerment/partnership, supporting clergy/laity in attending training events, etc.
Examples of laity leadership ministry include promoting laity leadership through lay servant ministry, organizing events to welcome the community, supporting lay-led ministry through pulpit supply, etc.
Here is an article about an event the Youth Leaders, at UMC Johnstown, were able to host, because of the grant money they received from Leadership Development. Click HERE to read the article.
1. Arvada United Methodist Church — Arvada, CO
2. First United Methodist Church — Salt Lake City, UT
3. First United Methodist of Loveland — Loveland, CO
4. First United Methodist Church Prairie Campus — Colorado Springs, CO
5. Laramie United Methodist Church — Laramie, WY
6. Mt. View UMC — Boulder, CO
7. Parker United Methodist Church — Parker, CO
8. Salida UMC — Salida, CO
9. SonRise — Pueblo West, CO
10. Trinity United Methodist Church — Loveland, CO
11. Trinity United Methodist Church — West Valley City, UT
Thank you to these churches for their courageous leadership. We are proud to support you and your continued work for God in this challenging season.
Link to July 27, 2020 MSC News Article: Leadership Development announces 11 Culture of Courageous Leadership Grants