Join Vital Conversations Every Wednesday!
Join Rev. Jeff Rainwater and other Mountain Sky Conference leadership on a Vital Conversations Zoom call every Wednesday at 11:30 a.m. MDT as we explore what discipleship can look like in these changing times and into the future. (we are moving to once a week starting Sept. 16, 2020).
All clergy and laity are invited to join! Zoom call-in information will be provided to those who register online.
Upcoming Vital Conversations:
Wed. September 2 - QPR (Suicide prevention/intervention) with guest Dr. Paul Bretz
Please join Superintendent Jeff Rainwater next week for Vital Conversations as he welcomes Rev. Dr. Paul Bretz for a discussion about QPR Training (Question, Persuade, Refer), which is focused primarily on suicide prevention, but is relevant to anyone who is concerned about mental health or addiction related issues.
Paul A. Bretz, D.Min., LCSW, MHSA began service as Executive Director of Centus Counseling, Consulting & Education on March 1, 2017. He is also currently engaged as a Behavioral Health Surveyor for The Joint Commission whose mission is to continuously improve healthcare. Dr. Bretz has recently served as a Director at a Behavioral Health Innovation Center, a Chief Compliance Officer, and for nine years in executive leadership and consulting roles with the Samaritan Institute. Paul is a Licensed Clinical Social Worker, a member of the National Association of Social Workers Academy of Certified Social Workers, and an ordained Minister in the Presbyterian Church (U.S.A.).
Wed. Sept. 16
- Supporting youth ministry with guest Chris Wilterdink & Amanda Daniell
Previous Vital Conversations:
Watch previous episodes on Youtube
- August 19 - MissionInsite Inspiration with guest Rev. Tiffany Keith
- August 5 - Ministering Children with Rev. Dr. Leanne Hadley
- July 22 - The Challenges and Opportunities for Sacred Music in the COVID-19 era
- July 8 - Microagressions with Mountain Sky Conference's Rev. Bich Thy (Betty) Nguyen and Courtney VonLindern
- June 24: Tom Bandy of Thriving Church Consulting LLC
- June 10: Sustainability and Entrepreneurship with Mark DeVries
- June 3: Communication Strategies with Rev. Chris Heckert
- May 27 - Church Size Theory
- May 20 - How to Ask: Fundraising and Financial Support in Post COVID-19 with Rev. Dr. Thomas Wolfe and Rev. Tom Barlow.
- May 13 - Transitions in COVID-19 with Rev. Dr. Bob Kaylor.
- May 6- Disaster Response with Mountain Sky Conference's Emergency Response Team.
- April 29 - We explore the topic of "re-launching" Congregational Vitality with guest Path 1 at Discipleship Ministries.
- April 22 - Joe Primo, the CEO of Good Grief and a leading voice on grief, mourning and building resilience in children, families, and communities in the face of loss and adversity.
- April 15 - Vital Conversations will air on Mountain Sky Conference's Facebook LIVE with Danny Colella, Facebook LIVE Marketing Expert, Coach, and Consultant.
- April 8 - Discipleship - the Rev. Jeff Campbell, Executive Director of Strategic Programming at Discipleship Ministries.
- April 1 - Finances. Kristi Kinnison - Mountain Sky UM Foundation and Michaela Murray-Nolan - Director of Development, Stewardship Foundation, Greater New Jersey Annual Conference (postponed to a later date due to technical difficulties).
- March 25 - Pastoral Care; Recovery Groups. Ryan Canaday - FREE
- March 18 - Online Worship. Trey Wince - Ministry Architects. Jeremy Scott - Johnstown UMC and Foundry Consulting
First time using Zoom? Here are links on the Zoom website for help in troubleshooting your audio and video: Testing computer or device audio | My Video/Camera Isn't Working