Health & Wellness
For more comprehensive information on health benefits, please visit the Wespath Benefits | Investments website.
Annual Election for 2019 HealthFlex benefits will be Wednesday, October 31 through Thursday, November 15. The following communications have been developed to assist participants with their choices and Annual Election process:
- This video promotes HealthFlex Annual Election, including ALEX Benefits Counselor—a decision-support tool to help participants to Review and compare HealthFlex plans and Estimate reimbursement account contributions and out-of-pocket costs.
- Most primary participants should have already received a Brochure in the mail.
- Multiple documents and resources are available for participants on the HealthFlex/WebMD website, including ALEX, FAQs, fact sheets, reimbursement account information and much more. Please login and browse the website (“HealthFlex Details and FAQs,” “My HealthFlex Benefits,” and “Consumer Tools”) for helpful information about your health and well-being benefits.
Medical - United Health Care (UHC)
If your zip code is within 30 miles of 1 in-network hospital and 2 in-network primary care physicians, then you are considered in-area. Otherwise, you are considered OOA (out-of-area).
HealthFlex provides comprehensive wellness programs and incentives to encourage plan participants to know their health risks and take action to manage or improve them.
Center for Health (CFH)
CHI provides health information, resources, programming and education to support the individual health and personal ministry of clergy and lay workers.
Pharmacy -- OptumRx (Formerly Catamaran)
Vision Service Plan -- VSP
United Behavioral Health (UBH)
OneExchange is now Via Benefits!
Participants can reach Via Benefits at 1-888-249-7785
Via Benefits website
Via Benefits Summary Brochure
Via Benefits Reimbursement form
Via Benefits HRA (PDF)
Virgin HealthMiles for Via Benefits Participants (PDF)
Via Benefits FAQs
Via Benefits Advocate Fall 2018 Newsletter
Important Information for Retirees Regarding Via Benefits:
- No HealthFlex premium payments or deductions from pension checks
- Conference will provide a monthly stipend (HRA) to retirees which will be deposited in a tax advantaged (tax free) Health Reimbursement Account to be used for medical related expenses such as premiums, co-pays and deductibles. (Any money not used in one calendar year automatically rolls over for future year use). You must work through Via Benefits for your supplemental to receive the HRA.
- The Conference Board of Pension & Health will review the monthly stipend (HRA) every 2 years. The current amounts are as follows:
$1,800/year - Retired eligible participants with 20 or more years of Pre-82 service.
$1,200/year - Retired eligible participants with less than 20 years of Pre-82 service.
- With the assistance and support of Licensed Benefit Advisors at Via Benefits, retirees can purchase a health plan most suited to their individual needs and, in general, at a lower cost.
- Your Board has established a “safety net” fund to assist with unanticipated “outlier” medical costs incurred by retirees.
Affordable Care Act
These documents summarize key features of the ACA that may affect you as a clergy person or lay employee of The United Methodist Church (UMC).
Link to Wespath Benefits | Investments to read the most up to date communication regarding the ACA: http://www.wespath.org/center-for-health/health-care-reform/
Making Online Payments For Health Benefits
You now have the option to make online payments through the Prosper website. Click on the Prosper icon above to access the portal. If you do not have your Prosper username and/or password, please email Julie Booth or call 303-325-7049.