We develop leaders within the Mountain Sky Conference in order to:
- Build up the body of Christ and further God’s mission and ministry both inside and outside the church.
- Encourage and nurture God’s call in our lives.
- Cultivate, strengthen, and utilize the spiritual gifts God has given us.
- Make disciples of Jesus Christ for the transformation of the world.
We believe that excellent clergy and lay leaders should strive to:
- Make new disciples and encourage lifelong discipleship growth for all people along every stage of faith.
- Recognize and encourage the development of people’s God-given gifts in ways that help them meaningfully share these gifts both inside and outside the church.
- Equip others for ministry and offer opportunities for leadership development and leadership involvement to all people on a regular basis.
- Look beyond the walls of the church to engage and partner with the community in ways that extend the transformative ministry of the church into the world.
- View challenging circumstances as opportunities to engage in holy risk-taking and follow God’s leading into an unknown future.