We are announcing the opening of applications for The Rev. Susan Plymell Memorial Award. This award seeks to honor Rev. Susan Plymell’s legacy of courageous leadership and selfless sacrifice by recognizing leaders - clergy and laity - within the Mountain Sky Conference that exhibit similar inspirational qualities, including:
1. A resurrection witness shaped on following Christ, seeking after and accepting the Divine, always finding new life,
2. A bold ministry actively creating space for the Holy Spirit to enter and move people to action,
3. A humble spirit, passionately committed to service to others ahead of self,
4. A vision seeking to build the Kingdom for people we don't know and may never meet, and
5. Leadership representing the United Methodist tradition with professionalism and pride.
The Plymell Award recipient is honored at the conference level (often at Annual Conference) and during a local presentation at the recipient’s church, where the church is also presented with a $2500 check in the recipient’s honor. The Plymell Award’s first recipient in 2021 was Pastor Norman Mark of Native Grace Fellowship, Delores UMC, and Dove Creek UMC. Last year we honored Brenda Landsiedel of First UMC, Great Falls, Montana.
Nominees for this year’s award should be clergy or laity involved in ministries or organizations directly involved with a Mountain Sky United Methodist Church. The application form can be downloaded using this link, Plymell Memorial Award Application
. Please email applications to firstname.lastname@example.org
. The application deadline is 5 PM, Friday, June 2, 2023. Anyone can apply on behalf of another. The Plymell Award Committee will select this year’s recipient from the nominees by June 9.
Do you have questions? Don't hesitate to contact Rev. Jeff Rainwater, Superintendent of Congregational and Community Vitality, email@example.com
. We look forward to honoring another courageous, selfless leader and continuing this new tradition of our annual conference.