Written by Jennifer Kaylor, Rocky Mountain United Methodist Foundation
The Rocky Mountain United Methodist Foundation seeks to support churches, agencies, and individuals in their efforts to be faithful stewards of their financial resources. By providing loans for capital improvements, crafting financial strategies, targeting investment vehicles, and educating donors regarding charitable gifts, the Foundation works to strengthen ministries of United Methodist Churches locally and worldwide.
The following churches have been awarded $3,000 grants:
- Columbine United Church to supplement the church’s 2015 stewardship ministry and financial plan, which includes a focus on the spiritual discipline of giving.
- DenUM (Denver Urban Ministries) for the Hope Benefit Gala to be held in March.
- First United Methodist Church of Grand Junction to support the consulting services of Horizons Stewardship who is spearheading a visioning project for the church.
- Littleton United Methodist Church to create information and giving centers intended to improve communications and update electronic giving options.
- Parker United Methodist Church to help pay for the fundraising expenses associated with a capital campaign.
The following church has been given a $2,205 grant:
- First United Methodist Church of Pierce is earmarked for a refrigeration unit that will significantly expand the church’s community food assistance efforts in the Eastern Plains.
The following church has been awarded a $1,880 grant:
- First United Methodist Church of Fort Lupton to support the programming and promotion of a community-wide study of Pastor Rick Warren’s book, The Purpose Driven Life.
The following church has been given a $1,873.50 grant:
- Community United Methodist Church of Keenesburg to address safety issues and upgrade the church welcome center. The church will host groups such as Mothers of Preschoolers (MOPS), a food pantry and special events as a means of reaching out and supporting the community.
For more information about the Rocky Mountain United Methodist Foundation, click here.