Almost overnight, we find ourselves in a new, unfamiliar world. The COVID-19 virus has changed everything about our lives, including how we worship. What is the church to do in such a time as this?
With the social distancing practices preventing our physical gatherings, how do we connect and make our message resonate with a world in chaos? Now more than ever, the church has the opportunity to lead the charge in a world looking for spiritual answers. In order to lead effectively, we have to tell the story in a new way, for a new time and with a new medium.
In the same way a book has to be consolidated and adapted for the screen in movie form, so must the worship we offer virtually. We can’t continue with a “business-as-usual” approach where Sunday morning worship is concerned.
Join author, creative worship and guest readiness coach Jason Moore for a 90-minute webinar, Tuesday, April 7 from 1 to 3 p.m. MDT
for Telling the Old Story in a New Time: Best Practices for Worshiping Online and Beyond in a Physically Distanced World.
This webinar will discuss how to face these unique challenges to worship. Jason will lead your church into a deep dive through the questions and answers that must be asked and addressed as we worship today.
The Workshop will include:
• A primer on shifting practices from in-person to virtual
• How to offer worship beyond online (for the technologically challenged)
• Best practices for creating worship that lasts beyond the moment
• A guest readiness guide and tips for how to offer a deeper sense of community
• Technology tips (what to do when things fail)
• Copyright concerns
• Equipment options, and how to achieve a good looking (and sounding) stream
• PDF handbook filled with resource links
• Extensive Q&A
• 30 Days to re-watch the recorded stream
• Optional follow-up coaching opportunities
• & more
REGISTER HERE: https://forms.gle/aHgNXm2EqQtqE1as5
(Zoom link for webinar will be emailed to registrants from Mountain Sky Conference; Any extra slots will be emailed to those outside the conference)
Questions? Contact Rev. Jeff Rainwater, Wyoming District Superintendent, Mountain Sky Conference at firstname.lastname@example.org