The new name for Annual Conference “Mission Immersion Day” is JUST LOVE
. The Community Engagement Mission Team would like to share this new name and its vision with the Conference.
JUST LOVE is the new brand for all mission-related programs/projects and based on the Community Engagement
vision of "engaging and resourcing congregations, communities, and the world for mutual transformation," by:
- Living Faithfully – True to Christ’s teachings, Methodist heritage & community needs
- Acting Courageously – Being accountable for our actions & offer resources for education & transformation
- Loving Boldly – Intentional inclusiveness, break barriers & cross boundaries"
- "Work for Justice" was added to reflect the Wesleyan tradition of social justice.
This year there are two programs that will carry the JUST LOVE brand at the online Annual Conference 2020:
Watch for details on both of these programs on the JUST LOVE AC2020 webpage.
The Lord God has told you, O mortal, what is good; and what does the Lord require of you but to do justice, and to love kindness, and to walk humbly with your God? Micah 6:8
- "Masks-on": an initiative to provide masks for local businesses
- "Tug of Love: this annual fundraiser is being recreated for the online Annual Conference.