Do you want to learn how to reduce wildland fire risk in your neighborhood or your street?
The Tri-Lakes United Methodist Church Emergency Preparedness Group (EPG) is a 2020 national award winner in the wildfire mitigation arena and has conducted numerous risk reduction projects. The EPG is presenting a free course to share the experience they have gained through training Neighborhood Ambassadors on how to inform and organize their neighbors to implement risk reduction projects in their own neighborhoods.
Neighborhood Ambassador training will start with a virtual kick-off meeting at 10:00 am on February 27th
. The meeting will take approximately 90 minutes and present an overview of the ten-module program and answer questions. (see attached flyer for more description.)
- See https://tlumc.org/outreach/epg under tab Neighborhood Ambassador Training for more details about the class. Please share this link as well as the flier.
- Most of the classes will be held via Zoom.
- Write to us at firstname.lastname@example.org to sign up so we have an email address to send them the Zoom link.
- We also have information for people in grassland areas about “home hardening” since they are at risk of flying embers.
- Come to the Kickoff on Zoom on Feb. 27 at 10 a.m. to get oriented about the rest of the classes.