Nurturing a Call
What is a call?
From the General Board of Higher Education Ministry: Each person feels God’s call in a different way: during a communion service, a mission trip, or in everyday activities and conversations with friends. However the invitation comes, you have to decide how you will answer. Learn more about how to discern God’s call in your life and what steps to take if you are called by visiting www.explorecalling.org.
- Calling Tracks: an infographic about different callings in The United Methodist Church
- Echo: resource for parents to utilize with children, youth pastors to engage with students, and adults to use in small group accountability
- Exploration: a three-day event for those age 18-26 to listen, discern, and respond to God's call
- ExploreCalling: graphics, videos, and more that teach others about a calling and vocations
- The Treasure Tree: Helping Kids Understand Their Personality: a book that teaches children to recognize and appreciate different personalities
- Spiritual Gifts Assessment: helps individuals identify their God-given gifts for living faithfully as Christian disciples
For more information and resources on nurturing a call, email Youngsook Kang, Superintendent of Leadership Development and Director of Connectional Ministries at firstname.lastname@example.org.