Leadership Resourcing Workshops
Friday, Jun 23, 2023
Presented by MSC Focus Areas and Sponsors
The WHY: to resource and support all Mountain Sky Conference laity and clergy in practical engagement with experts in many areas of ministry!
Choose 2 forty-five minute workshops in the areas you would like to explore. Workshops begin at 6:30pm and 7:30pm.
Workshop Choices (Choose 2)
For in-person and online participants:
- MSC Conference Sponsor - Church Mutual - Risk Control Measures to Help Protect your Ministry - Led by Sarah Creighton, Risk Control Supervisor [Offered in person with a GNTV Zoom for online attendees]
- Keeping your people and property safe can feel overwhelming at times, but it doesn’t have to be that way. For over 125 years, Church Mutual Insurance Company has supported organizations’ efforts of creating and sustaining safe environments for people to flourish. Join us to discover simple yet powerful ways to help protect your ministry. Presented by Sarah Creighton, CPCU, ARM-E, Risk Control Supervisor at Church Mutual Insurance Company.
- Creating a Laity or Clergy Circuit - Led by Court VonLindern [This workshop is online-only - register below for a session]
- Mountain Sky Conference Circuits serve to increase joy, foster connection, and generate trust among clergy and laity throughout Mountain Sky. Finding or starting a Circuit can feel intimidating, especially for those who aren’t sure where to start or who may be struggling to get their idea for a Circuit up and running. Join our Circuit Host to learn the ins and outs of finding a Circuit, starting a Circuit, and sustaining a Circuit on Friday, June 23rd!
In-Person only Workshops at First UMC:
- Youth Ministry 101: Equipping Leaders - Led by Amanda Daniell
- Join us for a presentation on the Do's and Don'ts of Youth Ministry and learn some games you can take back to your church. This is for anyone working with youth, even the experts. Whether you are new to youth ministry, a volunteer, paid worker, or maybe you're the pastor who also wears the "youth director" hat, this is for you! In addition to teaching you several games, I will also provide you with some pre-planned lessons to take back to your church. Beware, this workshop will be lots of fun, and there will be snacks!
- Table For All Resourcing - Led by Erin Althaus and Rev. Paul Kottke
- A Table For All focuses on providing support and growth opportunities to individual congregations that have experienced traumatic change over the last few years either through disaffiliations and/or COVID. Throughout the three-year cohorts, these congregations will identify the necessary support and tools to grow their ministry, making it more neighbor-centered. Funding is made possible through partnerships with local churches and individuals that are dedicated to the vision of a fully inclusive conference. Working together, we will identify a new and vibrant ministry for the 21st Century.
- AnywhereChurch and Music Copyright Laws - Led by Dave Merkel
Come and see what's available from Anywhere Church (worship resources for MSC churches)! Then, you will get a broad overview of music licensing* as it applies to the local church. Questions and comments on music licensing will be used to develop upcoming webinars. *This presentation and discussion of music licensing is not to be considered legal advice, but rather offered from the perspective of working within the music licensing industry.
- Community Engagement: Building healthy, vibrant communities and solving challenges together - Led by Kim Lewis, CEO of United Way of Yellowstone Country, Montana
- This workshop will address the faith, public, nonprofit, and private sector ecosystem. Participants will leave with a better understanding of social determinants of health, utilizing a Community Health Needs Assessment to drive mission engagement, and how to access community resources.
- Navigating Connectional Reporting for Mission Shares and Annual Statistics - Led by Angela Thomas and Julie Gladney
- Learn more about preparing and submitting periodic mission share reports and annual statistics, gain a greater understanding of how these activities correlate, and learn how to use data for more effective ministry.